COVID-19 Shelter In Place Tips
Please refer to CDC and other health professionals for more details.
Theses tips will also help reduce indoor contaminants
- Limit outdoor activities. Avoid unnecessary trips to the grocery store, gas stations or other non-essential activities.
- Minimize the amount of contamination that is brought into your home. Remove shoes and contaminated clothing and wash as soon as possible.
- Clean and sanitize surfaces often. Your person, vehicle, clothes, etc
Reduce and eliminate sources of pollutants in your home. Bleach, Clorox, Lysol, air fresheners, candles, carpet, paint and many other chemicals raise the level of VOC’s.
- Introduce additional fresh air into your home. CAUTION – Contaminants outside, i.e. allergens, toxins, septic and sewer gases, ozone and viruses can be introduced if they are not properly filtered/treated
- Install appropriate media filters in your air conditioner and change on a routine basis. MOST filters can only capture larger particles. Even HEPA filters will pass very small particles through them. Consider a combination of a high-quality air filters combined with an in duct whole house air sanitizer if you have central air and heat.
- Install additional components to monitor and notify you of changing conditions. Some thermostats, air monitors, air sanitizers, electronic air cleaners and similar equipment can automatically make changes as needed.