When it comes to air conditioning, most people know how to turn it on and adjust the temperature, but not many understand how it works. If you’re looking for Air Conditioner Service in Forney, TX, our experts can help you understand the fundamentals of how your central air conditioning system functions. In this blog post, we’ll break down how central air conditioning works, from the components of the system to how it cools down your home. So, let’s get started!
Know The Components of a Central Air Conditioning System First
Your central air conditioning system comprises three primary components:
- The Outdoor Unit
The outdoor unit, also understood as the condenser unit, contains the compressor, condenser coil, and fan. The compressor pumps the refrigerant via the system while the condenser coil releases the heat collected from inside your home.
- The Indoor Unit
The indoor unit is typically located in the attic or a closet and consists of an evaporator coil, an air handler, and a blower fan. The evaporator ring removes the heat from the air in your home, which is then circulated through the air handler.
- The Duct System
The duct system connects the indoor and outdoor units, circulating the cooled air throughout your home.
If you are familiar with the components or process and looking for HVAC services, contact Fox Air and Heat Inc today. We are a leading HVAC services provider, including the best AC Repair Service in Forney, TX, and surrounding areas. If you reside beyond our service location, please search “Air Conditioner Repair Rear Me” for results around your home.
How Does It Operate?
- The thermostat in your home senses the temperature and signals the central air conditioning system to start working.
- The compressor in the outdoor unit pumps refrigerant (a chemical compound that can absorb and release heat quickly) through the system.
- The refrigerant arrives at the evaporator coil located inside the indoor unit. As hot air from your home passes over the evaporator coil, the refrigerant soaks the heat and diverts from a liquid to a gas.
- The blower fan located in the indoor unit circulates the cool air from the evaporator coil throughout your home via the ductwork.
- The heated refrigerant gas flows back outside to the outdoor unit, where the compressor pressurizes and compresses it.
- As the refrigerant is compressed, it creates heat that the condenser coil releases to the outdoors, effectively cooling down the refrigerant and turning it back into a liquid.
- The cool liquid refrigerant then circulates back inside your home to the indoor unit, where the cycle begins again.
Overall, central air conditioning works by extracting the heat from the air inside your home, releasing it outside, and circulating the cooled air back inside. This process repeats continuously until the desired temperature is reached, ensuring your home stays relaxed and comfortable even during the year’s hottest days.
How Can We Help?
Now that you understand how central air conditioning works let Fox Heat and Air Inc. help you beat the heat with our exceptional AC installation services. Our team of skilled technicians can install your new central air conditioning system quickly and efficiently, ensuring your home stays comfortable and relaxed all year round.
At Fox Heat and Air Inc., we pride ourselves on providing our customers with exceptional service. We offer 24/7 emergency service without extra charges, on-the-spot financing, and a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Don’t just assume our word for it; check out our outstanding reviews on Facebook and Google.
If you’re looking for the most suitable air conditioning services in Forney, TX, including installation, look no further than Fox Heat and Air Inc. If you require installation services beyond our service location, you can search for “AC installation near me” for the best results.